Monday, February 17, 2014

Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

I busted out my dusty crockpot yesterday morning for a super simple recipe I saw on Instagram. 


2 frozen chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans drained & rinsed
1 can pinto beans drained & rinsed
Half bag of frozen corn
1 packet of Chili spice mix (mix with a little water)
1 - 8oz packet of cream cheese

Place chicken on bottom of the pot & add all the ingredients. Stir together & place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid & cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili & use fork to shred chicken. Serve with corn bread! 
There are so many different ways to make this chili YOUR OWN! That's what I love about it. Add cilantro, a packet of ranch mix, jalapeno's, etc. 

We made corn bread as well and afterwards, I said, "I should have made jalapeno corn bread!"
To do that, just add fresh sliced or canned sliced jalapeno's to the cornbread mix & bake as usual. 

Easy recipe, happy family with full bellies. 
Xo <3

1 comment:

  1. Left you a note on Twitter too. I love cooking. I don't have a crock pot, but I can always replicate your recipe to make the chicken! When I do, I'll credit you in the entry. Do visit Abbie's Cafe & Adventure Diaries at http://theabbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete